Most people who live in the Portland area don't hold a very
high opinion of "organized religion." Those words
conjure every negative
stereotype and association
they've had with churches: Artificial, Pretentious, Manipulative—the
list could go on. It's no surprise, then, that most Portlanders don't go
to church. But we have the same spiritual hunger and
longing as people
everywhere, and the sense (or the wish) that Jesus might be able to help.
Our goal at the Trinity Project is to create a compelling
community that consistently proves that church need not be artificial,
We call it an environment of grace.
- We meet people where they are.
- We provide excellent programs and events in a casual atmosphere.
- We work hard to protect our guests' dignity (and their anonymity, if
- We promise to try to speak without religious clichés.
- We strive to be indigenous when it comes to style and cultural preferences.
- We are about helping people discover and grow in authentic Christian